[mythtv] are there any early previews of new UI?

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Wed Sep 3 12:40:44 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 03 September 2008 12:51:08 Paul wrote:
> I know you guys have been working hard on the porting of the new UI, just
> wondering if this involves any new eye candy, or is it just and upgrade to
> the QT version?

It involves plenty of 'eye candy',  however right now we're just doing the
basic ports, screens are being themed to look like they did before and not
much else. The real eye candy will come when themers get their hands on it
and start to implement some of the new stuff. Theming to use the new UI and
making the code changes at the same time would just slow the whole process
down.

The new stuff does not use QT widgets etc, whatever benefits come from the new
UI they are in no way related to the QT4 upgrade. I just want to make that
clear since a lot of people seem to make that mistake and it would be a shame
to see Isaac's hard work over three years written off to QT.

> If there are any new screenshots worth posting it would be great to see
> them?

Well depends how you define 'worth posting' there are a few demo screenshots
floating around, nothing special and all put together quick quickly, basic
images etc. Not all the planned features are implemented just yet and we'd
ask people not to become impatient.

http://www.miffteevee.co.uk/imagebin/mythui_mythgallery2.png
http://www.miffteevee.co.uk/imagebin/mythuibuttonlist1.png
http://www.miffteevee.co.uk/imagebin/mythui_mythgallery.png

A couple of people are working on some demos, they might produce better
screenshots. I'm just making a change to the mythvideo theme which I'll post
later today, it might be of interest.
--
Stuart Morgan