[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r18911 by danielk

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 14:42:56 UTC 2008

2008/10/28 Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net>:
> (it will go away again when I merge in
> the latest version of the OpenGL video renderer to head.)

Ah - I was going to ask about that! Were you planning on committing
any of the remaining patches in http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5324
- #22 is fairly important.

All told, the full patch set is stable, quality is much improved and
performance significantly better - although it would be good to get
some feedback on ATI cards (I'm fairly sure there is at least one
issue).

Additionally, I've used that as the base for 'porting' the opengl
renderer to windows and mac*. Mac OS X isn't finished yet but it's
working well on both XP and Vista.

Regards

Mark

* - OpenGLVideo is platform independent already, I've sub-classed
OpenGLContext into GLX, WGL and CGL versions, reworked util-opengl and
broken out the opengl renderer from VideoOutputXV into a 'new'
renderer to remove the dependancy on X11.