[mythtv] MythArchive bugs and "fixes"

Martin van Es mrvanes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 19:45:43 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 20:47, Martin van Es <mrvanes at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 19:54, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
>> "-v 224 -a 192" is correct or at least you want something similar.  That part of the script hasn't changed much in ages and it's such a fundamental part that if it was broken I'd know about by now.
>
> Could it be that the "mythtranscode --mpeg2" fix (even without
> anything to cut) is making things worse for my pvr-500 recordings?
> I never tried it without before hacking away at the scripts...

I did a test tonight and indeed it was mythtranscode --mpeg2 ("allways
use mythtranscode" setting) that was messing up the stream. Without
that, mythreplex and mythburn do a perfect job without changes. Maybe
a little more prudence or at least a warning that it could break an
otherwise perfect mpeg2 stream instead of only fixing audio sync
problems, would be in place?!

This was on a raw recording btw, so I'm very curious how this works
out on an edited recording...

Thx for listening and my apologies for crying wolf!

Regards,
Martin
--
if but was of any use, it would be a logic operator