[mythtv] Shift key ignored in shortcuts

Oliver Maunder olly at roomaroo.co.uk
Mon Oct 27 18:33:28 UTC 2008

> On Monday 27 October 2008 2:21:54 pm David Engel wrote:
>> The code has been that way as long as I can remember.  Isaac might be
>> the only one who knows why shift was handled specially.  FWIW, I
>> considered getting a remote control like you have awhile back and
>> changed the code in question to treat shift like the other modifier
>> keys.  There were no ill effects as far as could tell.

I'm just building a modified version myself. I can't imagine there'll
be any problems.

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 6:24 PM, Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu> wrote:
> Basically, it's just there for case insensitivity when using a regular
> keyboard.

FWIW I get the same behaviour using regular keyboards - not just with
the remote. I'm surprised the issue hasn't come up before, although I
guess if you've got a normal 105-key keyboard at your disposal you
don't need to mess around with modifiers.

Olly