[mythtv] What other people tell me about CC...

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Oct 25 21:19:06 UTC 2008

Dean Harding wrote:
>> Gee, I wonder why open source software isn't more accepted by
>> mainstream computer users ?
>> Keep up with that attitude and you are going to have a forked project
>> on your hands.  How about a mythtv "for the general public" ?
> Heh, I think most people here would be pretty happy with that, actually :-)

You really think so? If there was a community of developers able and
dedicated enough to do this fork, then where are they and why are they
not just working on myth and submitting the tickets their

This whole "developers are a pain, let's fork!" attitude has always
plagued open source projects... 99% are all talk and I've seen it all

Colin Guthrie

Day Job:
Open Source:
   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]