[mythtv] What other people tell me about CC...

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Oct 25 21:19:06 UTC 2008

Dean Harding wrote:
>> Gee, I wonder why open source software isn't more accepted by
>> mainstream computer users ?
>>
>> Keep up with that attitude and you are going to have a forked project
>> on your hands.  How about a mythtv "for the general public" ?
>
> Heh, I think most people here would be pretty happy with that, actually :-)

You really think so? If there was a community of developers able and
dedicated enough to do this fork, then where are they and why are they
not just working on myth and submitting the tickets their
changes/improvements?

This whole "developers are a pain, let's fork!" attitude has always
plagued open source projects... 99% are all talk and I've seen it all
before.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie