[mythtv] Slave Back End Looping

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Tue Oct 14 18:30:41 UTC 2008

 > I applied the diff from here
 > http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5268#comment:9 to solve a similar
 > issue with the SCHEDULE_CHANGE message. This caused a similar
 > SCHEDULE_CHANGE issue to be "fixed".

SCHEDULE_CHANGE was just one quick loop elimination, it wasn't the
actual cause. If you or someone else don't want to wait for me to fix it
(had less MythTV time last weekend than I thought):

Cause: new timezone checker _or_ a confusing mess of things with strange
rules, take your pick.

call stack:

MythContext::ConnectToMasterServer
MythContext::SendReceiveStringList()
checkTimeZone()

That ConnectToMasterServer() call creates a new connection to the master
backend, along with a new event connection (this connection didn't exist
before).

The SlaveBackend connection forwards events from the SBE to the MBE (not
new).

The new event channel means the SBE gets messages it was never supposed
to, causing it to forward messages it shouldn't which are then returned
back down that event channel, repeat.

--
Anduin Withers