[mythtv] Slave Back End Looping

Graham Finlayson graham.finlayson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 08:27:49 UTC 2008

I recently synched up my Master Backend, and Slave Backend with the latest
trunk (from a couple of weeks ago). Since then the Slave Backend has been
looping on receiving RECORDING_LIST_CHANGE and SIGNAL messages when I am
watching Live TV from the Slave. This causes the OSD to continually display
the signal locking information.

I applied the diff from here
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5268#comment:9 to solve a similar issue
with the SCHEDULE_CHANGE message. This caused a similar SCHEDULE_CHANGE
issue to be "fixed".

I have no issue with watching LiveTV on the Master Backend.

I don't know where to start to debug this, whether it is a master or slave
issue, or whether it was a result of the database schema changes that may
have been applied at the time of the synch.

Any help would be appreciated.

Graham