[mythtv] Fwd: [mythtv-users] Myth autoexpiring brand new shows

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 11:02:25 UTC 2008

One option would be to implement a bandwidth limit of the max network
bandwidth that myth should use to spread recordings onto remote storage.
Shouldn't be too hard for myth to compute at least an approximate size (vbr
recordings may be not be exact) according to input type, the result of which
could be added to the weighting.  That way, users could set an appropriate
limit based on their own network capacity and desired network usage.
And a basic level, a PVRs job is to record things so they can watched
later.  Considering that the auto expire option has a setting "oldest first"
(paraphrasing), I would think it be logical that myth use all available disk
(local or remote) before expiring recordings which are not the oldest.
Just my 2 cents.. .
This has been a very interesting discussion and I'm sure the outcome will be
improvements to mythtv.  Thanks to all of those who have participated

Dave