[mythtv] Dynamic output resolution

phillong69 at netscape.net phillong69 at netscape.net
Thu Oct 2 22:57:53 UTC 2008

 Suppose I have a monitor with a really nice hardware
deinterlacer/scaler. ?I might like to have the mythtv frontend
output a signal that depends on the source material (possibly by
checking to see what playback group is in). ?For example HD
movies might be output at 1920x1080p24 without scaling (assuming the X
will run such a modeline), ATSC material at 1920x540p30 without
deinterlacing or scaling (or whatever it actually is ... of course it
might switch mid stream to 480p or somesuch nonsense but I digress),
stuff captured in something like a WinTV-PVR-USB2 would be deinterlaced
and scaled by mythtv from 720x480i30 (or whatever it actually captures
at) to 1920x1080p60.

Is such functionality even possible??

Thanks