[mythtv] /libavcodec/i386/mmx.h compiler warnings

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Mon Nov 10 20:04:39 UTC 2008

On Monday 10 November 2008 00:34:41 Nigel Pearson wrote:
> > Is it something that needs to be fixed?
>
> Not really, but we could just remove
> the warning line in the file.
>
> If/when FFmpeg removes it from their SVN,
> we will probably just keep our (old) copy
> in libs/libavcodec/i386

it doesn't look like if it will be removed anytime soon but when it is
the case we should move it somewhere else.

I haven't checked how much of the mmx defines we are actually using (it
is included mainly in filters and osd blending in libmythtv). If it is
only marginally used I tend to agree that plain asm would be cleaner. If
they are used extensively it's probably not worth the effort of replaing
it.

Janne