[mythtv] Touchscreen / Mouse support

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Thu May 29 00:08:18 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 08:34:10AM +0100, Allan Stirling wrote:
> Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> >
> > While working on the touchscreen remote control for Myth frontend (still in
> > the early stages...)
> > I'd appreciate comments and any feedback. Thanks.
>
> I assume you are aware that MythUI already has touchscreen /
> mouse support?

Yes, I'm aware of that. I've been looking at mouse support in Myth for some
time but then I realized it is not exactly what I need. The thing is I don't
need Myth running on a touchscreen device, but rather a separate "remote"
interface, controlling existing Myth frontends (and maybe backends) around the
house.

To better understand what I want, I'd recommend looking at MCEGuru:

http://www.mceguru.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CII2crrTEe0

> As the MythUI port gets closer, this has been getting more
> useful - But I'm fairly sure this is not a core interest for
> any of the active developers.

That is understandable - like most FOSS projects everyone scratches their
itches. This is my itch, that's why I'm willing to spend time and try to patch
in necessary functionality...

--
Denys