[mythtv] Idea for MythTV: Global Repository for Cutlists

Erik Kristensen erik.kristensen at gmail.com
Tue May 27 13:46:58 UTC 2008

Greetings,

I have been using MythTV for about 4 years now and I love it, I use it
every day so please keep up the good work.

Recently I was thinking how I could contribute to the project, time
permitted, and an idea came to mind.

Idea: A global cutlist repository for shows and regions.
Background: Theoretically, if I understand how tv stations do shows,
cutlists for all channels and shows should be relatively the same. If
a show is put out by FOX and showed on several affiliat channels, they
all have the same commercial length, the only problem would be for
those people that have adjusted there start and end times.

What are the developers thoughts on this? I am sure there are caveats
that I haven't thought of, or this might not work at all, but I
thought it would be very advantageous to the community to have
something like this if plausible.

Regards,

--
Erik Kristensen