[mythtv] [linux-dvb] Re : TechnoTrend S2-3200 CAM / CI

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Mon May 26 12:20:23 UTC 2008

manu schreef:
> On 05/26/2008 05:24:08 AM, Jelle De Loecker wrote:
>
>> All I want to know is: is it as simple as inserting the CAM in my
>> Technotrend's CI? Will the hardware do everything, or does Multiproto
>> and VDR have some work, too?
>>
> I have a Canalsat (in the caribbean) subscription and, with MythTV at
> least I just had to plug in the cam, put the subscription card in it
> and voila!
> The TV application must "talk" to the cam; also there are some cams
> which are known not to work well/reliably with the TT CI.
> For my part I am more than happy with my aston crypt CAM which can
> decrypt two streams simultanueously, which means you can watch 2
> channels (on different PC or using PIP) or record two, or watch one
> record one, just one restriction though: they have to be on the same
>  transponder.
I believe TV Vlaanderen uses SECA - Any problems with that one?

Oh, talking about multiple streams, what exactly describes a
transponder? For example, when I use dvbstream to tunnel a DVB signal
into VLC I can select a few other channels (6-7, on some BBC streams
even 7-8 or more) from the "navigation" menu, is this the content of a
transponder? (Because that would mean there are on average about 6-7
channels on one transponder)
Or is it actually more?

Btw, what MythTV revision were you using again? (I badly want to get
MythTV to work!)