[mythtv] Freesat (UK)

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Thu May 15 04:22:52 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 1:25 am, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> Steven Ellis wrote:
>> If you can grab a sample of the NIT and BAT/SDT tables I can take a
>> look,
>> but I'm pretty sure they will be using the LCN descriptor in the DVB
>> stream
>> to set the channel numbers.
>>
>> Steve
>>
> happy to help if you could point me in the right direction.
> i have a couple of DVB-S cards (one budget and one full-featured).
>
> the necessary recipe for dvbsnoop would be a great help
> --

First up have you using dvbtune for which you need to know the LO of your
LNB.

You need to run dvbtune to lock onto the ITV transponder

dvbtune -c <CARD>  -f <FREQUENCY> -s <SR> -p <POL> -m

Take a look at http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html for transponder details

EG if your LNB LO is 10750 then for transponder 10758000 you need

dvbtune -c 0 -f 8000 -s 22000 -p v -m

Once you get a lock you can run dvbsnoop to grab the data

dvbsnoop -adapter 0 -nph -n 6 0x10 > freesat.nit

dvbsnoop -adapter 0 -nph -n 6 0x11 > freesat.sdt

Hope this makes sense.

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR