[mythtv] Rebuilding MythWeather tables (was Re: Inquiry for user base data in order to try and develop and seup a new MythWeather viewer)

Jonathan Martens jonathan at snetram.nl
Fri May 9 06:43:12 UTC 2008

R. G. Newbury wrote:
> I don't like to thread-steal but this is an appropriate thread.

Then don't! Is it that hard to open a new thread? Besides I think this
is more a question for the -user than the -dev list.

> I tried to add mythweather recently (SVN 17267) but the tables do not
> get built. Setup does nothing. The log says
> 'mythconverg.weathersomething' does not exist.
>
> Can someone post the table structure of the weather related tables
> please? I think there are 3 tables.
>
> The structure reported by describe table, or (better) by mysqldump would
> be great (and mysqldump would include an setup settings.

There is a far more easy way. Log in to MySQL and issue the following
command:

   DELETE FROM settings WHERE value='WeatherDBSchemaVer';

Now restart mythtv-backend, it should regenerate the tables AFAIK.

Kind regards,

Jonathan