[mythtv] GetPreviewImage returns 404 not found

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri May 2 15:22:48 UTC 2008

On 05/02/2008 09:57 AM, Gordon McLellan wrote:
> I'm trying to troubleshoot a thumbnail generation problem, and have
> been running the backend with different verbosities looking for clues.
>
> I've stumbled across my best lead yet ... a http 404 response is sent
> whenever mythweb calls /Myth/GetPreviewImage

Perhaps your PHP is misconfigured and it's a DST issue.  Try setting the
timezone in /etc/php.ini .

> logs:
>
> 2008-05-02 09:38:35.733 MythXML::ProcessRequest: GetPreviewImage : GET
> /Myth/GetPreviewImage?ChanId=1059&StartTime=2008-05-02T09:00:00&Height=260&Width=320&SecsIn=64
> HTTP/1.0

Notice the URI.  /Myth/GetPreviewImage...

> I have tried manually calling GetPreviewImage, but I cannot find the
> right syntax, or perhaps, the right port number.  I thought it was
> 6544, but that does not result in the same error in the logs:
>
> # wget 'http://localhost:6544/getPreviewImage?ChanId=1059&StartTime=2008-05-02T09:00:00&Height=260&Width=320&SecsIn=64'
> -O test.png

Notice the missing /Myth...

> and in the log, perhaps this is a cached response?
>
> 2008-05-02 09:46:40.759 Preview: Grabbed preview
> '/mnt/video/1059_20080502093800.mpg' 320x480 at 64s

That's a different recording.  It started at 09:38 versus 09:00.

Is that the only recording missing a preview?  Was it a show that
started at 09:00, but you started recording at 09:38?  MythWeb is using
the proper time (recstartts) so that shouldn't be the issue.

> All other aspects of myth seem to be working well... it's just this
> nagging problem of no thumbnails in mythweb.
>
> I have a master backend with no tuners, and a combination
> slave/frontend with a pvr-500 in it.  The two seem to be talking
> properly.  Both servers share a exported network path for storage of
> the video and preview images.  Both systems have the full mythtv suite
> installed.
>
> Any thoughts?

Try to remove all the png images from your MythWeb data/cache directory
and all the png images from your recordings directory(ies).  Be patient
when requesting the MythWeb Recorded Programs page as it will take a
while (could be tens of minutes if you have hundreds of recordings) to
regenerate the previews.

Mike