[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r17081 - in trunk/mythtv/libs by nigel

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Fri May 2 02:30:24 UTC 2008

Nigel lamented:
> I'm not that far yet. My shared libs are
> being built with shortened library names
> (myth-0.22.dll instead of libmyth-0.22.dll).
> I dunno why.

Then, Andrei explained:
> Because that's default for QT/Win32. The QT3 patch used to change
> that,
> because it seemed easier at the time to do that, rather than change
> every
> single "LIBS +=" line in *.pro files. Since we're now back to
> unpatched QT,
> we need to find another way.

Trolltech got back to me. They want to follow the
convention for the different platforms, which means
qmake's makefiles will always generate myth*.dll.
Which means our project makefiles will be keeping the

TARGET=lib$${TARGET}

hack. Oh well. So much for portability :-)

Now, on to the next Qmake bug - make install.

Andrei, your patch for Qt 3 re-implemented
MakefileGenerator::defaultInstall().
Can I steal it to send to Trolltech?
It looks like Qt 4 needs the same thing.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Now the world has gone to bed.
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | Darkness won't engulf my head.