[mythtv] Ticket 4990 - Adding Podcast/Vodcast Support To MythNews

James Purser james at jamespurser.com.au
Sun Mar 30 00:42:34 UTC 2008

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4990

Okay this is my first major patch to myth so be kind.

Basically I'm trying to take the enclosure support in mythnews 0.21 and
extend it so that it can act as a full blown podcast/vodcast plugin. I
now have it to the point where it can download the files and retain them
for later perusal, however when attempting to play audio files I am
unable to either control the audio file or myth. I believe this may be
due to mplayer (my external player) not creating a window to pass the
focus to.

Anyway, once the basics have been sorted I want to tackle the following:

- Add MythWeb support for modifying and displaying of MythNews Feeds
- Add support for itunes feeds
- Move the feed list from the XML file to the DB itself. This will help
with the MythWeb Support.
- Add a timeout feature. Media files are kept for a certain period of
time unless otherwise noted.
- Investigate the possibility of setting up a web hosted list of
pod/vodcasts, something that can be queried for new media.

Anyway as I said, this is my first real go so be kind :)

I've attached the latest version of the patch to this email, plus I've
uploaded it to the ticket mentioned above.

Thanks.
--
James Purser
http://collaboration.jamespurser.com.au