[mythtv] Question about xmltv and mythtv

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Mar 26 22:45:48 UTC 2008

On 03/26/2008 01:52 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 4:42 AM, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  ... and libraries ...
>>

> For those wanting to use perl unfortunately. which wasn't my original intent.
>
> mythtv doesn't handle the:
> <title>
>    blah
> </title>
>
> unfortunately. It displays perfeclty in mythweb, however in the
> frontend and after I made a recording , the title showed up as
> multiline and display over the 2nd item on the list : not pretty.

Well, my point was--unless you're asking whether a patch to "fix" MythTV
to trim whitespace from XMLTV data formatted as above would be
appropriate--what does all this have to do with MythTV development?  It
sounds /much/ more like XMLTV development (or, if you're not using the
XMLTV libraries, perhaps XMLTV user stuff).

If nothing else, how about at least moving it back to the -users list.

Mike