[mythtv] Is programId used for anything specific ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Mar 26 14:21:20 UTC 2008

On 03/26/2008 09:52 AM, John Pullan wrote:
> Is programid used for anything specific from within the code base?

programid is used as an "authoritative" identifier for episodes when
doing duplicate checking.

>  I'm
> thinking we could use this in conjunction with the type (mythweb) to
> provide a "record all the series" option.

Are you talking about seriesid?  If so, there are issues (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/169129#169129 ).
However, you can create a custom rule that uses it (and there's now an
example in the custom rule editor).

If not, are you talking about using programid for duplicate checking?
If so, I think you'll find it's already done.

Mike