[mythtv] Qt4 port: database character set change necessary

Andreas linuxdreas at launchnet.com
Sat Mar 22 19:57:21 UTC 2008

Am Samstag, 22. März 2008 12:25:24 schrieb Michael T. Dean:
[...]
> Myth has always required a latin1 character set (thus the "ALTER
> DATABASE mythconverg DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1;" in mc.sql).  If you
> actually converted your database columns (if all you did was set the
> database default, it may not have affected anything) as described at
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Utf8_Text_in_OSD , now would be a
> good time to re-read that big warning at the top:

[big warning skipped]

Mike,
thanks for the explanation & link. I quickly checked for any 'weird'
characters in program descriptions et al within mythfrontend. Everything
looks ok, most likely because I don't have anything non-latin1 here, only a
handful of videos & recordings with non-ASCII characters (mainly Spanish &
German).

I will follow Janne's advice (backup & test), and if the database gets
corrupted I'll file a bug report.

--
Gruß
Andreas