[mythtv] [ANNOUNCE] merging Qt4 branch to trunk

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 04:34:03 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 3:59 PM, Andrei Tanas <andrei at tanas.ca> wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:02:38 -0400, "Jay Modi" <jaymode at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> But designing MythTV to 4.2 specs would still allow the use of 4.3 for
> >> Windows.  Can any other reasons be identified for requiring 4.3?
> >

> > Well here are some features that stick out to me and seem like they
> could
>
> Jay, read the above (and the previos messages on this topic) carefully: if
> QT 4.2 will be _minimal_ required version, there will be nothing to stop
> anyone from using 4.3. I think this is perfectly fine.

If the developers plan to use any of those features Jay mentioned then they
will need QT 4.3. That would become the minimum required version as soon as
one of those features was used, would it not? And Janne mentioned using
qtscript for theming. So it seems sensible to just make 4.3 the minimum now
rather than saying 4.2 now and then requiring 4.3 in 6 months time anyway.

Cheers,
Steve