[mythtv] Storage Groups - OK to move files between directories in same group ?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 13:53:08 UTC 2008

On 17/03/2008, Albert Graham <agraham at g-b.net> wrote:

>  My question is, is it OK to move the new nightly recordings from /disk1
>  to /disk2 (once mounted), both /disk1 and /disk2 are in the same storage
>  group ?
>
>  I've tried this and I pretty sure it works OK, except now and again I
>  get program listings like "_NO_TITLE_" and when I try play it says file
>  not found ?, no "I"nfo is available for the file - except length in
>  minutes.

Do you get these errors when the /disk2 array is mounted for
recordings made when it was unmounted (and recorded into the
mountpoint directory on the first array)? Are you certain that the
missing recordings are not just being hidden when your second array is
mounted?

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: