[mythtv] BBC iPlayer Plugin release / MythStreams

Richard Ablewhite richard.ablewhite at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 10:09:08 UTC 2008

Hi,

You could be right on the useragent front, I added it in when I was
initially playing so it could prob be taken out. Will have a play.

Ive got my own script (shamefully written in PHP) that parses the meta
files, thats where I get the synopsis and stuff from. Will check out
your perl one though, wanna move away from the php so thats cool.

In the future I want to add in the image provided as well, got the url
and stuff but need to do the code to add it to the GUI, also it would
be a 5 min change to send the internal player the program title,
description etc.

Taking this a step forward, if you create a new MPEG2 encoder input
into Myths backend then make a channel you can have it open local
files, so if you write a stream out as MPEG2 and tune to the channel
then you can watch your stream and myth treats it as a live tv
program, with proper extending recording time, reliable skipping
forwards and backwards, all good. Just need to find ways of
controlling the recorder and tv channel etc...

As the beeb are using IP address to work out if you in the UK im sure
that anyone stateside could get the content through a UK based proxy
server.... Ive a proxy in the US I use to watch TV shows on abc.com,
fox.com etc. if anyone UK based wants access let me know. I tried to
integrate these into myth, but all use silly proprietary tech

Anyone stateside started ripping hulu.com apart yet? That integrated
into Myth would be a winner...

Rich