[mythtv] Python bindings problem with importing modules

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Wed Mar 12 17:06:10 UTC 2008

I am having some problems using the MythLog and MythDB classes. Thanks
to earlier help the MythTV class is working fine.

If I run a very simple program:

#!/usr/bin/python

from MythLog import *

I get "ImportError: No module named MythLog", same for MythDB. Both
these are installed in /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/MythTV/. I get
the same error trying to import these classes from the command line.

However, I see that the MythTV class, which seems to work without any
errors runs exactly the same code. So what am I doing wrong?

Ian.