[mythtv] Possible argument issue in GetCurrentChannelNum()

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 02:25:11 UTC 2008

On 11/03/2008, Andrew Meredith <andrew at anvil.org> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
>  I have just been upgraded to 0.21 by the atrpms repository. So far the
>  upgrade has been quite bumpy, but I have come across what was for a
>  while a showstopper. The capture card in charge of my Sky Box would no
>  longer record anything. The issue seemed to be that it couldn't tune to
>  the initial channel:
>
>  Channel(/dev/video0) Error: GetCurrentChannelNum(106): Failed to find
>    Channel
>  Channel(/dev/video0)::TuneTo(106): Error, failed to find channel.
>

>  I suspect there might be a bit of a confusion in
>   Channel::GetCurrentChannelNum()
>
>  On closer inspection of the source code around this error message I am
>  wondering if there is a confusion around channel number and channel name.
>
>  It is declared with a QString argument called "name"
>  The "name" argument is compared with curList[i].name
>
>  However, it is called from Channel::TuneTo with a QString called
>  "channum" which appeared to be derived from the channel number.
>
>  I eventually got round it by firing up mythtv-setup on the machine
>  hosting the card for the Sky box. Running down to "Input Connections".
>  Selecting the connection relevant to the Sky box and blanking out the
>  box "Preset tuner to channel". Once the backend was restarted, the
>  problem went away.

Based on my experience that almost all Sky/Virgin Media users have
their MythTV systems configured the same way, I don't think it's a
bug.

If you have your Sky (or VirginMedia/Freeview) box connected to a
baseband video input (composite/S-Video) on a capture card, and you
are using LIRC to control channel changes, this setting should *not*
be enabled.