[mythtv] mythtv commit: r16471 by kormoc

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Mon Mar 10 21:22:06 UTC 2008

"Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> writes:

> On 03/09/2008 02:40 PM, Rob Smith wrote:
> Though I'd make a case for also removing smartfill--as, rather than
> simply running off-schedule (like the cron scripts do), it downloads 6
> days of data from SD every day.  True, it may be run through
> mythbackend, so it would be on schedule, but grabbing 3x the data
> whether it's needed or not...

It's 5 days, and that's only on Mon-Wed when it refreshes the
following weekend. The rest of the week it just adds a +7 day refresh.

> It's purpose was to allow users who felt they had too much "No Data" in
> their guides to fix it a week out to allow for better scheduling.  I'd
> recommend that instead, we take the more responsible approach and just
> keep a max of 13 days listings (doing +1 and +12) for SD even though +13
> might have (at least some) data.

The purpose was to get around the fact that the networks can't leave
their shedules alone for 12 days! Programs that your were expecting to
be able to record 12 days out vanish when the +1 update
happens. Before smartfill, and the option change to mythfilldatabase
that it demonstrates, the only option was to use --refresh-all, but if
you prefer that ;-)
--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571

READ CAREFULLY. By reading this message you agree, on behalf of your
employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from
any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service,
shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure,
non-compete and acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I
have entered into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents
and assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and
privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to
release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.