[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r16471 by kormoc

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 06:17:07 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 9:06 PM,  <mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org> wrote:
>       Author: kormoc
>         Date: 2008-03-09 03:06:28 +0000 (Sun, 09 Mar 2008)
>  New Revision: 16471
>    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/16471
>
>  Removed:
>
>    trunk/mythtv/contrib/configfiles/mythcrontab
>    trunk/mythtv/contrib/configfiles/mythfilldatabasecron
>
>  Log:
>
>  We don't want users to run their own mythfilldb cronscripts anymore

Why on earth not? I'm not using Schedules Direct, I'm using XMLTV, and
I fill my database every night with a cron script (As it relies on a
grabber running on a seperate machine to do the grabbing and
formatting to XMLTV, and placing the details file in a shared folder
on the Myth box. So the separate machine does the grabbing task as a
cron job, and the Myth box then uses cron to fire the import job).

So, what is wrong with this scenario? Why can't I call mythfilldb from
cron any longer?
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston