[mythtv] Freesat (UK)

Ben Lings ben.lings+nabble at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 20:30:13 UTC 2008

Paul Raison wrote:
> Ben Lings wrote:
>> What DVB-S cards are you using?  I'm planning on buying a satellite card
>> when
>> Freesat is officially launched, but can't find one that has linux
>> drivers.
> I'm using a Hauppage Nova-S Plus under Ubuntu and it is supported just
> fine. Have been using it for 18 months now with no problems.

Thanks for the suggestion - the only possible problem I have is how tall the
card is.  My system is an Asus P1-AH2, and I only just (with a fair amount
of force) got my DVB-T card into one of the slots (it's one of these
).  The other PCI slot had slightly less room and it wouldn't fit at all.
Looking at pictures of the Nova-S, the top of the card sticks out above the
bracket, so it might cause problems.  I'd prefer not to have to get the
sandpaper out on a PCI card!

Sent from the mythtv-dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.