[mythtv] Internal DVD player is broken?..

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Thu Mar 6 06:22:58 UTC 2008

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 10:29:00AM -0500, stanley kamithi wrote:
> Please upgrade the latest SVN revision. I've also made some recent changes
> to the dvd code. If you still have problems, open a ticket , provide a
> detailed problem description and the "-v playback,audio,timestamp" gzipped
> output.

Please see ticket #4876 - http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4876

There are logs attached showing DVD playback hung at one of the titles.

As of video stuttering and blinking I mentioned before - I played with
deinterlacing and found out it is caused by it.

The simptom of those video problems is a corrupted video frame every several
seconds (different titles show different period - from 2 to 7 seconds) with
either MPEG-artefacts like blockiness or some garbage or misplaced portion of
the frame.

Turning off deinterlacing altogether fixes the problem - video playback is
very smooth. And for some reason most (if not all) of my DVDs are detected
as interlaced, even though they are not. I see the message in the logs
saying there is an interlaced frame found after several progressive ones.

Please let me know if you need any additional info. Thanks.

--
Denys