[mythtv] Toshiba HD-DVD player as myth frontend ?

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Mar 4 13:42:41 UTC 2008

Allan Stirling wrote:
> Unlikely. The video chipset is by Broadcom, who are infamous
> for their lack of support of open-source development. Which
> is a shame, since it otherwise looks like a nice box.
>
> There are no public datasheets for the video or audio path.

Shame. To be honest, I be happy if I could pick up a small processor
unit for cheap that I could get just ethernet and sound output on to use
as pulse servers... Anyway this is not relevant for myth specifically
and if there is no easy way to get the audio output working anyway
that's a bit of a blocker ;)

The Efika boards look cool but are expensive to source in the UK it
seems...

Col