[mythtv] hd-pvr and playback

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 17:28:22 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 8:43 PM, Steve Heistand <steve at heistand.org> wrote:
> so I have the latest svn trunk build and the handy v4l libraries from jannau.
> I can record from this beast just fine now. playback is my issue at the moment.
> I can playback non-HD recordings just fine. however HD recordings start
> giving my machine fits. mostly it seems in the audio department.
> for a few seconds all is fine then mythtvfrontend starts taking up ~150% of a cpu.
> (3.0ghz intel core 2 duo with 4G ram)
> then things start stuttering. the audio is way behind the video and the video seems
> to be slowing down to allow the audio to catch up.
> This is with the internal myth player.
> mplayer and vlc all choke on the files so at least mythtv is doing something
> at least better.
>
> any thoughts or suggestions?

nVidia binary driver, right?

If this is a seperate backend and frontend, make sure you are using
"streaming" instead of an nfs mount to get the data to the frontend.

You have "use audio as timebase" selected, right?

My 3.0 GHz core 2 is able to handle these streams fine (at 1.0x
playback speed), so there must be some configuration problem.

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?