[mythtv] DVB-C broken - update FAQ ?

kiu kiu at gmx.net
Tue Jun 24 22:36:53 UTC 2008

Hi List,

there are several bug reports about broken channel scanning for dvb-c
with some smaller providers.

Could you give a small explanation why it is broken ? We could use
these information to update the FAQ on the mythtv.org wiki and save
users like me several hours of scanning transponders, reading bug
reports, etc.
This would be a huge step forward in the user point of view.

As far as i understand it, some small providers send bogus data inside
the dvb-c stream which mythtv doesnt like (because its not dvb-c
compliant), correct ?

Why is w_scan/dvbscan/czap working without any problems then ?

Thanks in advance...

PS: How do you define small providers ? Eg the provider for Munich
(Population: 1.3M) is broken :)

--
kiu