[mythtv] slow program guide in .21

Matt Doran matt.doran at papercut.com
Mon Jun 23 08:23:35 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 06/18/2008 05:09 PM, Lance Buttars wrote:
>
>> The program guide is really slow in myth .21
>>
> Sounds like a -users list question (where someone might have told you,
> IIRC, to use some deinterlacer other than Bob).

Hi Mike,

I have the same issue, and I use Bob, because it provides the best bang
for buck.   I'd love to use one of the other new deinterlacers released
in 0.21, but due to the very serious bug (#5025) it's not practical.
The other deinterlacers just don't produce a good enough result.

There's been a patch on that bug 5 weeks ago .... I wonder if DanielK
could look at that to see if it's the "right" solution.

Cheers,
Matt