[mythtv] MythWeb: rss feeds in recorded page

Xavier Hervy xavier.hervy at bluebottle.com
Sat Jun 21 18:10:24 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Jun 19, 2008, at 3:39 PM, Xavier Hervy wrote:
>
> google returned the wiki article as the first result (now, after this

I am always amazed how quick google is to reference new page.
> thread). The other I just knew because I already used it. rss
> integration was sort of an afterthought, but it works REALLY well. You
> can basically put in terms and build rss feeds dynamically based on
> any metadata.

I will have to try it then
> I think everyone will have different streaming needs. That's why the
> first option makes a lot of sense to me. I can set it to transcode

A user friendly interface to create feeds and define the encoding in
mythweb would have my preference especially if it could work out of the box.
> only what I want, open up ONLY the feed to the internet without
> worrying about giving access to all of mythweb when I want someone to
> have access to my rss video feeds.

That's a excellent point, didn't thought about this.
> <snip>
>
> Maybe a new thread on the users list would have been in order since
> I'm interested in rss video feeds, but I have no interest in the Nokia
> N95 so I've been ignoring the thread.

I would do the same about the ipod :D

Xavier