[mythtv] Mythtv and kernel 2.6.25

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 14:32:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 12:12 AM, Dan Pou <daniel.pou at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mythtv failing to bind indicates that something else is using the port.
>  Are there multiple instances of Mythtv-backend running?
>
> I notice the autodetection doesn't find the tuner, are you using
> composite/svideo input or the tuner?

I am using the TV tuner.

> Do these same lines exist in 2.6.25?
>
> You may want to make sure you are accessing the device throught the same
> pathway in the two kernels (v4l2 vs v4l1 or dvb bttv support).
>
> It may be a good idea to look at mplayer -v to see if there are any
> differences in accessing the device.

I do not see anything different. I am also receiving private emails from
other
users having exactly the same problem.

Anyway, despite of the problem with my card, mythbackend should not die
and hold the partitions busy. It is very risky to test anything in a
situation like this...

Thanks.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti