[mythtv] Re : Re : [Q]: how to hook a proprietary eit parser correctly

manu eallaud at yahoo.fr
Fri Jun 13 22:57:36 UTC 2008

Le 13.06.2008 13:04:52, Daniel Kristjansson a écrit :

> > There is one table that is very long and then it is spread across
> > several section (with the same table ID obviously). If I understand
> > things correctly one PSIPTable contains only one section right?
>
> Yes
>
> > Also how do I provide a method to "emit" the DB events to fill the
> > database. Moreover the summaries are in different tables than the
> > titles/showings, so is it possible to submit them later on?
>
> The {ATSC,DVB}StreamData classes currently call EITHelper::AddEIT()
> functions whenever they have a complete section assembled. But, if
> you need to, you can wait until you have all the sections cached
> before calling an AddEIT() function, there are conventions for
> caching

OK I saw this function and I begin to see how I can do it, probably by
adding my special AddEIT as it is different enough that I cant reuse
what is already done for "normal" EIT.

> sections which you can see by looking at the ProgramMapTable
> handling.
> "Table" is in fact a misnomer, each "Table" is in fact just a
> section,
> but we have a pmt_cache in MPEGStreamData which contains all the
> sections seen so far. The key for the table is program_number * 256 +
> section_number, there is also a HasCachedAllPMT(program_number)
> function
> which tells you if the entire table is cached, where each section
> pointer maps to a "ProgramMapTable" type.

I can do it section by section. But as there are different tables for
the titles/times and the summaries, I would need to be able to submit
the title/showing times/duration and then later on the corresponding
summaries. Is that possible?
Thx for all your help.
I will try to open a ticket with some code, for review, ASAP.
Bye
Manu