[mythtv] Mythtv and kernel 2.6.25

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 11:18:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 6:08 AM, Mr Moo <martin at luminoussheep.net> wrote:

> Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am having problems to make mythtv work with kernel 2.6.25 (Fedora 8).
> >
> > The problem seems to be my capture card, a Prolink Pixelview.
>
> Sounds like a problem with the driver for your capture card.
> Try taking this to http://www.linuxtv.org/lists.php
>
> My guess is other programs like xawtv will also be broken with the newer
> kernel...

No. xawtv and tvtime play just fine. The system is also pretty stable.

The only problem is mythtv (LiveTV). The version of the bttv driver is the
same (0.9.17)
on both kernels.

That is why I am asking a direction here. I see no way of isolating the
problem, without
knowing how myth interacts with the hardware.

Thanks.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ