[mythtv] libdvdread errors watching home DVD

Matt Doran matt.doran at papercut.com
Fri Jun 13 06:20:19 UTC 2008

Hi,

I built a myth box for my Dad ... and he's had a number of DVDs that
just lock up myth spewing thousands of these log entries.  I think some
of the DVDs he had problems with were either home made or custom (e.g. a
DVD of his holiday produced by the tour company).

I've had pretty good success with the myth DVD player, but he's lost
faith with it.  He doesn't understand why a $50 DVD player works, but
mythtv doesn't. :(

I had a look at the code in that area, but it was way over my head.   If
you or anyone else has any ideas I'd like to know too.

Regards,
Matt