[mythtv] Unable to create recording override (rev 17794?)

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Thu Jul 24 00:48:36 UTC 2008

        Recording overrides stopped working for me between rev 17775
and 17867 (eg. selecting "Record anyway" on an upcoming program that's
not scheduled to record).  An entry does get added to the "record" DB
table but many fields are blank, such as "title", "subtitle",
"starttime", and "endtime".  Other fields are correct, such as
"description".

        As far as I can tell, the fields are not getting saved because
of this check in libs/libmythdb/mythstorage.cpp:

void SimpleDBStorage::Save(QString _table)
{
    if (user->GetValue() == initval)
        return;
[...]

If I remove that check, the fields are filled in and the override
works properly.  It looks like this check was slightly different
before rev 17794.

        Anyone else see this problem?
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.