[mythtv] decoder for DVD playback

Paul mylists at wilsononline.id.au
Wed Jul 9 09:57:32 UTC 2008

I have had many problems watching non-comerical (home movie dvd) using
the myth internal player
using the -v playback
I see alot of these messages:
2008-07-05 16:16:54.106 NVP: Video is 3.043 frames behind audio (too
slow), dropping frame to catch up.

Just looking at the nupplevideoPlayer source code I fiind the above
messages documented here

          // If we are using software decoding, skip this frame altogether.
            VERBOSE(VB_PLAYBACK, LOC + dbg + "*dropping frame to catch
up*.");

This seems to imply I'm not using my Nvidia h/w decoding for this DVD ,
is this right?
I get good playback for other DVDs eg Star wars  and Digital TV SD and HDTV

Paul