[mythtv] MythTV won't run with VIA CX700M2 chipset

Oliver Maunder olly at roomaroo.co.uk
Thu Jan 31 22:49:07 UTC 2008

On Jan 25, 2008 4:56 PM, Xavier Hervy <xavier.hervy at bluebottle.com> wrote:
> I tried and I failed, I used the svn version, and I can't find any trace
> of #define USE_ATI_PROPRIETARY_DRIVER_XVIDEO_HACK :(
> any hint ?
> Thank you
> xavier

Sorry for the delay replying - I posted from the wrong address so my
message didn't get through to the list.

It looks like the #define USE_ATI_PROPRIETARY_DRIVER_XVIDEO_HACK has
disappeared from SVN.

You need to change line 1102 in mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videoout_xv.cpp from
      int ids[] = { GUID_YV12_PLANAR, GUID_I420_PLANAR, GUID_IYUV_PLANAR, };
to:
      int ids[] = { GUID_IYUV_PLANAR, GUID_I420_PLANAR,  GUID_YV12_PLANAR, };

Hopefully that should do it.

Olly