[mythtv] Mythtv & Lirc

Xavier Hervy xavier.hervy at bluebottle.com
Thu Jan 31 19:07:17 UTC 2008

Nigel Pearson wrote:
> On 31/01/2008, at 10:35 AM, Xavier Hervy wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>> I like to change the way mythtv handle lirc.
>> It would be helpful for the user point of view if in mythcontrol,
>> instead of:
>> - mythtv PLAY p
>> - mythtv VOLUMEUP F10
>>

> No thoughts, but have you seen this old patch?
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2239
>
> "Patch to accept remote buttons as logical identifiers."

Thanks for the like. I didn't notice this ticket.
Is there any reason why this patch have not be apply ?
I had a very quick look at it, It might do the job and have the nice
advantage to be compatible with the current way to deal with lirc (i.e.
mapping to key). However I don't think it is a general and clean way to do.

I will try to implement my solution this weekend to see if it work well
or not ...

Xavier