[mythtv] mysql 5 bug affecting mythtv

Rob Smith kormoc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 23:41:56 UTC 2008

On Jan 30, 2008 3:19 PM, Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org> wrote:
>  They do? Since when? At least in all source installs binlogs are off
> by default (with no my.cnf installed) and all of the example my*.cnf files they provide have it turned off.
>
>  Never looked at any binary packages they put out though.

The binary packages have log-bin turned on for all machines with more
then 32 megs of ram. The enterprise packages have it turned on for all
machines.

Granted, the source packages have it turned off, but as mysql
recommends using their binary packages, you can't really take the
source as what's recommended.