[mythtv] DVD playback - average length of a VOBU? (related to ticket #4492)

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Jan 30 17:50:10 UTC 2008

> No it uses the offset info and jumps straight to the
> current_location+offset.

Well, I was more asking of how the fast forwarding continues between
jumps. As far as I recall (I'll have to look more carefully), It
didn't seem like it played back individual frames (frame, jump, frame,
jump, etc) . It seemed more like it played back the video at a higher
rate between jumps (multiple frames, jump, multiple frames, jump,
etc). If my recollection is correct, I was wondering what manner it
uses to playback until the next jump happens.

1) Does it push through every frame in the VOBU as fast as it can,  or
does it only display every 2nd or 3rd frame (or something like that).
2) When does it do it's next jump...after finishing a VOBU or at a
fixed interval.

--
Ron