[mythtv] Thanks for multi-rec

Christian Wattengård cwattengard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 10:24:36 UTC 2008

On Jan 29, 2008 11:04 AM, Justin Hornsby <justin at mythtvthemes.co.uk> wrote:
> Adam Egger wrote:
> > Yes, it really works great here as well. I set max recordings to three
> > now, but my backend (an "old" AMD64-3000+) am able to record all four
> > channels from one transport without any issues.
> >
> > The CPU runs at ~20-30% while recording all four channels from one
> > transport. I was quite surprised to see this result.
> >
> > Thank you guys
> > Adam
> >
> I tested multirec on my 800Mhz Athlon box the other night.  10
> concurrent recordings (I hacked videosource.cpp to change the spinbox
> limits) & only about 20-25% when EIT wasn't being parsed.  That was 6
> SDTV channels & four DVB radio channels.  Not bad IMHO.

The terrestrial broadcaster RiksTV in Norway has all it's channels
(about 15 I think) on only 3 multiplexes. So when the CI/CAM/Codec
stuff gets sorted out, you would only need 3 DVB-T units to record and
timeshift the whole package :)
So if I figured out multirec correctly, that would mean that I could
record from all 15 channels at the same time? (Assuming that the CPU,
RAM and disk IO is up to it ofcource :))

Christian