[mythtv] Thanks for multi-rec

Johan Venter mythtv at vulturest.com
Tue Jan 29 07:55:26 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I had been holding off updating to trunk with the multi-rec changes so
that I could schedule an upgrade when I had the opportunity to
troubleshoot (what I thought would be) the inevitable problems.

I am very pleased to announce, however, that everything is working
perfectly. Updated, compiled, installed, deleted my two DVB cards from
mythtv-setup, added them again with max recordings set to 2 and viola.

I immediately scheduled 4 recordings (2 x 2 multiplexes) and watched in
awe as myth happily reported no conflicts and began recording all 4
streams flawlessly. Couple that with the fact that all 4 were recording
to the other half of my default storage group living on an external USB
drive - colour me impressed.

So thank you to Daniel K and the rest of the team that worked so hard on
multi-rec, it is sincerely appreciated.

Now I just have to wait for useful *different* programming on each
network's multiplex here in Australia and it will be even better.

Regards,
Johan