[mythtv] Deinterlacing - Blend

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Jan 29 03:16:43 UTC 2008

On Jan 28, 2008, at 6:49 PM, Bill Williamson wrote:

> So while the current release version of myth is awesome, and
> appreciated by all users, it HAS been a long time since a full
> release.  From following this list I understand why this is the case,
> but it's really been almost a year and a half since a non-bugfix
> non-emergency (SD) release.

I agree it would be better for users to get fewer features and quicker
releases, however it's not user-driven and until I crank out some
code, I don't feel like I have any say in it. Maybe it would help if
it was explained a bit why a release is decided to contain certain
features and not released until those features are met. I imagine that
many developers work all at the same time on different parts of the
system and when each part is finally done, the release happens. So
rather than saying, "We're all going to work on Features A and B" like
in a commercial software dev cycle, it's more like, "Everyone pick a
feature you want and we'll say the next release is when each of those
is done" which pushes release schedules out. Especially when someone
gets busy with work they're being paid to do or whatever other things
are happening in their lives. Of course, I'm only guessing but I do
work in software so it's an educated guess. :)