[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r15604 by cpinkham

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Jan 28 21:26:31 UTC 2008

* On Sun Jan 27, 2008 at 08:36:40PM -0500, George Nassas wrote:
> On 27-Jan-08, at 7:50 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> I haven't added such a field. The first paragraph in your post here:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/307961#307961
>
> sounded like there was no need for the field although I agree that
> it's good idea.

I think I misunderstood part of what you were saying then, because
in my response I also talk about visually flagging the MythVideo
groups in the editor.  There's no way to do that unless we have them
flagged in the DB. :)  Sorry for the confusion.

> Anyway it wouldn't be a single field but rather a new table to keep
> things normalized. You wouldn't want a group to be marked as archive
> on one host and recordings on another or even different dirs in the
> same group to have conflicting settings.

I agree.

> A whole table just for one column seems like overkill but no doubt
> other uses would surface before too long.

Several people asked why I didn't use a Storage Group ID instead of
using the name in the storagegroup table.  My answer at the time was
'just to keep it simple'.  We could roll the SG name into this table
at some point and just use the ID in the storagegroup table.

This would be a 3rd table right?  Am I correct in remembering that
you are adding a table to hold MythVideo specific info about a
MythVideo SG?

--
Chris