[mythtv] Deinterlacing - Blend

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Jan 28 16:54:35 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 16:42 +0000, Will Tatam wrote:

> Would it not be better to at least name the items so the make sense with
> out knowing the technical details ? If the payback profile is say
> designed for HD playback via an NVidia card, call it "NVidia HD" for
> example. "CPU--" means nothing to anyone but the person who wrote that code

CPU++ = use more CPU for a better picture
CPU+  = use CPU to decode, but my CPU can't handle CPU++
CPU-- = my CPU is slow, try to offload as much decoding on to the
        video card at any cost to picture fidelity and usability.

These are just sample profiles. You can create an NVidia HD profile
if you like, you can even submit it to trac so that others can benefit.

If you're using svn trunk we expect you to read the mythtv-dev and
mythtv-svn mailing lists so you know what is going on. For a questions
such as "I used to use the 'Blend' deinterlacer but I don't see it
anymore, does it still exist in the development branch? And if so,
what is it called in the development branch?" there is the mythtv-users
mailing list, which is has a number of helpful souls who will help you.

-- Daniel